With Shahrukh Khan recently been detained at US Airport, for the third time, the only word that comes to our mind is WTF!
When he was detained last time at US Airport in 2012, he had expressed his annoyance by saying: “Whenever I start feeling arrogant about myself, I always take a trip to America”. This time, he really went ahead and expressed how getting detained again and again sucks.
Not just himself, but his Indian fan following has also expressed their irritation on social media sites. The biggest surprise was when Adnan Sami, famous Pakistani singer who has sung multiple raised his voice in support of @iamsrk
As the news about @iamsrk spread about being detained, various officials got active and made efforts to resolve this and also apologized for the inconvenience. The actor did reply that he respects the protocol and mentioned that he is not above it.
Now lets take a look at which are other famous Indian Personalities who have been detained at US Airport.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was stopped at one of the US Airports in 2011
- In 2010, Praful Patel, who was Civil Aviations Minister, was detained at US Airport for a mixed identity. It just happened that his name and date of birth was similar to someone who was on a no-flyer list
- In 2010, even the Former US Ambassador, Meera Shankar, was detained at a US Airport. This incident had created a big uproar in the city as a Indian Diplomat was detained
- In 2009, actor John Abraham was also detained at a US Airport as he had recently also visited Afghanistan
- Another famous actor, Irfan Khan was detained in 2009 and 2008. He has acted in famous Hollywood movies like Life of Pi, Spiderman, etc.
- George Fernandes, the then Defence Minister, as searched at one of the US Airports while on the official trip
- In 2002, Aamir Khan, the Bollywood perfectionist actor was detained at Chicago Airport for a thorough checking
Discuss this post